Friday, June 29, 2012

CYL magazine


I shot an editorial for CYL magazine recently where I took the model (gorgeous Roxane Glineur) from pale to a bronzy shade. I thought it might be a good idea to explain how I achieved this look.


I started out by prepping her skin with the caudalie facemasks and then applied St. Tropez wash off tan all over her face and body. This made her a little bit more bronze. The wash off tan allows you to go a lot of shades darker without it looking weird or orange. 
I then applied a mix of BECCA luminous skin colour in toast and shimmering skin perfector in opal all over her face, neck and ears and concealed any imperfections with BECCA stick foundation. I then blended some more shimmering skin perfector in pearl on the highpoints of her cheeks and the cupid´s bow, making sure to blend all the edges well. Becca créme blush in Dahlia made her look she just came from a holiday.
I should warn you if you try to recreate this look to be very careful with all the shimmering products. The idea is to look dewy, fresh and sunkissed not like a shiny discoball. I then applied 2 differant shades of matte bronzer o the face and neck. The lighter shade where the sun would naturally hit and the darker one to add some shading. Always making sure that everything is well blended. 
On the eyes I applied one side of BECCA line and define pencil in cabrera and the softly defined the lid with BECCA jewel dust in nyx.
A black eyepencil, mascara and a mango flavoured lipbalm finished off the look.
I am leaving you with a couple of shots from the editorial.