Wednesday, June 6, 2012

How to succesfully fake a tan

Ever since I shot in Ibiza I have been doing so much fake tanning on shoots. Something rather weird considering the fact that we are in summer and we usually shoot winter this time of year but I am more than happy to comply with this tanning craze.
Needless to say I have been trying out all types of fake tan.
Selftanners really aren't my cup of tea. Somehow the good ones do very little for me, they usually dont make me glowy and the bad ones make me look like Bugs Bunny's favorite food. But Rodial self tanner does give me a healthy look. Unfortunately for shoots selftanner is not all that handy. The model needs to be naked for a couple of hours and she can't come in contact with anything cause it will stain clothes and leave her blotchy. Also the fact that she needs to have been scrubbed and hidrated prior to applying can cause trouble.
So the solution to this problem is just to wash off tan. The main problem I had with wash off tan was finding one that actually worked. I love the Kanebo bronzing gel but it is a little too transparent if you want to get that "I just spend a weekend in Saint Tropez" look. The product I liked by far so far has been St Tropez wash off tanner.

It comes in a silver tube and you have a lotion for face and one for the body. I apply it with latex gloves and it leaves you looking like a bronze goddess. The best part after it, once set you can easily apply another layer and it is smudge proof. No more tan stains on your clothes (stylist love me better nowadays). It looks and smells a little weird but it leaves you looking oh so fine. JLo here we come!!!